Skip to content
- Golf may be one of the main attractions in Dornoch and round about, but other pass-times abound, including days on the beach, walking, fishing, cycling, sight seeing, tennis, eating, drinking and shopping.
- Food shops: The Dornoch Stores is the town’s newly opened delicatessen and off-license. There is a Co-op in the middle of the town and a convenience store on the retail park. Tesco, Asda and Lidl supermarkets are in Tain, which is 15 minutes’ drive away. Dornoch also has a good selection of other shops including The Jail for clothes, shoes, and gifts, the Bookshop, the Hardware Store, Dornoch Farm Butchers, the Antique Shop, Kincraig Fabrics, garden centre, hairdressers, chemist, post office, an art gallery and the Courthouse with its whisky shop, spa and café.
- The historic Cathedral is central to town life, and there are other denominations represented in the town. There are also a museum and library
- Restaurants: Luigi’s bistro, Sutherland House, Links House, The Eagle Hotel, Highland Spice Indian Restaurant.
- Cafes. Cocoa Mountain, Luigi’s daytime, Harry Gow, the Courthouse
- Pubs: The Eagle Hotel, Dornoch Inn, Castle Whisky Bar
- There is a fish and chip shop and both Indian and Chinese carry-outs.