We are taking bookings for 26th April 2021 and beyond, subject to Scottish Government guidelines and limitations.
Our individual house instructions have been updated to include Clovid-19 cleaning protocols.
Our owners and staff have attended specialist courses on cleaning and hygiene and our policy is as follows:
We already have a high standard of cleanliness, which is reflected in our reviews, and for added reassurance, we have shared government, trade body and self-catering online recommended cleaning practices with our housekeeper and her team.
- Our housekeeping team are asked to wear the recommended PPE equipment
- Anti-viral disinfectant will be used to disinfect all surfaces, touch points and heavy-use items
- Non-essential items will be temporarily removed from our houses. This will include ornaments, trinket trays, bathroom accessories, most books, games and puzzles, some crockery, glassware and kitchen utensils.
- Anti-bacterial hand sanitiser and a small supply of single use gloves will be available in the houses
- Linen will be washed on a high temperature setting and/or with a virucidal additive.
- Our housekeepers and cleaners have been recommended to work to the Scottish Association of Self Caterers Covid-19 guidance.
- Guest arrival, key collection and key drop will take place without face-to-face contact
- There will be adequate cleaning materials in both houses for guests to clean, disinfect and sanitise during their stay should they wish to do so
- Unfortunately, we are no longer able to leave our larder for use of guests. We will provide a starter pack of tea and coffee, along with dishwasher and laundry tabs, dish cloth, scourer, toilet rolls and bin bags. We shall also provide a welcome pack of toiletries for each bedroom.
- We will provide an information file by email for all guests once their booking is confirmed, rather than leave a paper file in the house.
- We shall provide clear details on the action guests should take in the event that they show any of the symptoms of Covid 19 during their stay in Dornoch.